Shallow and Demagogic

The undecided voters are souring on Palin.  For me, a Lieberman pick could have meant a McCain vote.  McCain/Lieberman would have meant true bi-partisanship and a real desire to keep America safe and strong.  But Palin?

She may have "revitalized" the base, but she's a slap in the face for us indies, lefty hawks, and moderates everywhere.

Now, I don't buy into much of the pseudo-slander that bloggers like Andrew Sullivan (whom I admire, but come on Andrew!) are writing about Palin.  I simply don't like that she's so unqualified to be President, based not so much on experience, but lack of talent and intellect.

As one blogger wrote, initially enthused about Palin (for similar reasons I was enthused though my initial attraction to Palin's supposed Libertarianism wore off quickly as I got to know here better):

But now I have more . . . experience with Governor Palin. And pretty much everything she has said or done since her appearance on the national stage – beginning with her acceptance speech – has soured me on her. It’s decreasingly plausible to me that she’s who I thought she was when she was nominated. Based on her performance on the campaign trail so far, she’s a shallow and demagogic politician.


Shallow and demagogic is right--and her dissinterest in foreign affairs, a topic so dear to my heart, so vital to the Presidency, and (one would think) so important to the McCain platform, is downright angering to me.  

McCain, where have you gone?  The old McCain we knew and loved (sort of) is not the candidate we see before us.

No comments: